Monday, February 13, 2012

Daily Journal Ideas

This year in second grade I have implemented the use of compositions books as daily journals. We love the fact that students write everyday and review some concepts that they struggle with. Unfortunately, we find that the students are running out of glue fast, not all of the "Warm-Ups" are the same size and that they don't always follow the same format.

So... tonight I am brainstorming new ways to have students do the same thing while reviewing their math facts daily as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Sorry for the short post. I had to write my Valentines and now I am going to let my creative juices flow to see what I can come up with! 


1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! We use daily journals in my classroom as morning work. I put sentences and math problems on the board that review what we have been learning and the students write it in their notebooks, I then check their work in a one-on-one conference and go over any mistakes they may have made. This does not take up too much time as we do it quickly of the morning.
    I am now a follower of your blog! Come on over and check out my blog and become a follower!
    http://williams2ndgradepigpen.blogspot.com/

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete